[CAUT] New Renner hammers

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Thu Jun 10 10:29:34 MDT 2010

David,

Over six months of very heavy use and they seem to wear better than any hammer I have used to date. They have become a bit bright with usage, but nothing like regular Blues. I have only had to even out voicing and light crown needling. Rick tells me to treat them like Blues. With only one set I don't have a lot of feedback to give, but this professor wears out hammers more than anyone, and I can see these getting maybe twice the mileage that the S&S hammers got. And I'm one who usually uses Steinway hammers on Steinway, etc. but these seem so much like the hammers on that 80 year old D I spoke about last year; same shape, feel and sound. There might be something to the "diamond" shape too.

Jim