[CAUT] New Renner hammers

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Wed Jun 9 11:24:32 MDT 2010

All,

Attached is a pic of the brand new Renner Weikert felt "Blue Point" hammer. This is about hammer #35 or so. Vince and I have been testing these for about a year now and they are very good! They have the famous Weikert felt, but are pressed to the classic diamond shape. They are ready for sale now, I believe, and you'll hear more about them in Vegas. I'm NOT a salesman, but as a devoted CAUTee thought you'd like to know.

While it may seem more of the same old "blah, blah, this hammer's the best..." if anyone wants to try them I would definitely give them my endorsement! They sound great and are easy to work with. I'm in the process of putting them on our Hamburg D and two more Bs. Everyone seems to have an opinion about hammers, and I think I've tried about everything, but these work very well on Ds and Bs. I'm not the expert that many of you are, but I've hung a lot of hammers, and rather than try to impress you with anything I "know" let me just offer them to you with a definite "you gotta try these!" attitude, hoping that you may articulate their attributes better than I.

Jim Busby BYU
Snow College