[CAUT] Router Tables

Mark Cramer cramer at brandonu.ca
Thu Jun 3 13:00:41 MDT 2010

On 03/06/2010 1:23 PM, Dennis Johnson wrote:
> Hi-
>
> I need to buy a router table for the shop asap.  I've done some online
> checking but that doesn't give compatibility use with different
> routers.  What I have is a Porter Cable router.  The Porter Cable
> table is more expensive but when reading the reviews it has exactly
> the same out of square issues as the less expensive models.  I would
> welcome any advise on compatible tables or lessons learned.  I found a
> Bosch table RA1181 new and marked down significantly on clearance.
> Anyone have experience with those?
>
> thank you,
>
> Dennis Johnson

Hi Dennis,

Lee Valley Tools have some nice router-table stuff.

I like the interchangeability, but for some tasks like keyboard work,
we've found it better to buy medium-price (globally -sourced) routers
and leave them dedicated to a specific task, i.e.: Key-stick planing,
edge-trimming, notching and deepening/extending mortises for key-bushing.

Out of curiosity, what other repetitive shop tasks do you (or others)
use a router for?

best regards,
Mark Cramer,
Brandon University