[CAUT] Steinway extra-bore-length

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Wed Jun 2 09:36:50 MDT 2010

The only issue with the longer bore and thinned rest cushions that I can think of is if the shanks contact the balancier regulating screws on a hard rebound. The touchweight dynamics can be influenced by the shank starting at a lower angle. The increased travel along the horizontal axis can increase the force required to initiate the key stroke when compared to a higher starting point.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com