[CAUT] baldwin concert grand

Richard Murphy rmurphy at siue.edu
Tue Jun 1 13:22:13 MDT 2010

Jeremy,
    I have a Baldwin 9² here from 1964? That was before the Acu-Just hitch
pins and it too has slanted duplex bars in the first capo section.  If you
look maybe your bridge is not notched square for each note but rather one
continuous curve much like the bass bridges of the Steinway L¹s.  This is
true for both sides of the bridge in that capo section both duplex and
speaking length sides.  If you pluck the strings with your finger you will
here that they are in tune and not varying in pitch.