[CAUT] Vertigris on Action Rail

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Fri Jul 30 10:38:08 MDT 2010

Jeff,

I've used a green scotch-brite pad.  It leaves a satin rather than polished
finish, but that's OK in my book.  Then Flitz if you like.  I've pretty much
stopped using cleaners for these rails as I don't care for the gunk in all
the screw holes.  It's not really the end of the world, just my preference.
Scotch brite is fast and thorough.  Then give it a quick coat of
Brass-Lacquer to prevent tarnish.  When you are cleaning look very closely
for cracks in the brass rail.  More often than not, they are there.

William R. Monroe