[CAUT] Retesting

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner at msn.com
Wed Jul 28 12:32:56 MDT 2010

I think Ed said it all:

"My interest at this time is that we generate as many creative visions as possible."

His earlier email, where he suggested ways of giving the tests, that we can just barely imagine, was exciting for its possibilities-- and seemingly overwhelming for those who are trapped in the nitty-gritty of administering the already complex exam process.

CEU's don't need to be so complex.  They are "continuing education" not the same as the education it took to achieve RPT status.  My continuing education units are further education in the field, my education and skills to earn my license are practiced daily and are not retested, unless I go for a license in another state.

The suggestion of an exam written to test one's comprehension of the Five Lectures is a perfect example of a valid CEU opportunity.

 There are test centers all over the US.  They are usually in community colleges or libraries.  The organization requiring testing contracts with the test centers for its members to go there and take a supervised test.  It cost me $15 to take one of my distance learning exams.  I took it online at the college test center two miles from my home.  Other weekly tests I was able to take online from home.

A PTG meeting, or a couple of hours before the meeting, could be an opportunity to have supervised tests.

Diane

Diane Hofstetter