[CAUT] Retesting

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 28 07:52:56 MDT 2010

David-
Yes. After all, the failed CAUT proposal could have been called a "great big
gold star."
My interest at this time is that we generate as many creative visions as
possible.
I don't suppose that we can begin with a perfectly realized, fully evolved
program.
I imagine that we will take the first steps that we can take, and that if
they are good steps, many good and unexpected things will evolve.
We are in the second generation of our profession. PTG made greater
communication possible, and the email lists, such as CAUT, have brought us
into active, daily communication with other technicians for the first time
in history.
It would be great if we could all stop and attend a "graduate" class at NBSS
for a year, and that ain't gonna happen. But look at the current discussion
about action saturation! It's happening right here.
For example, a few of us could develop a set of exams for the "Five
Lectures." Read the lectures, (possibly participate in an on-line discussion
of the lectures and their implications for our work), take the exam (perhaps
every annual and regional seminar will have an "exam room" for standardized
tests, similar to ASE tests, which are all paper and pencil, broad range of
tests administered simultaneously), and you have five "advanced continuing
education credits."
Ed S.