[CAUT] University requirements talk

Mr. Mac's tune-repair at allegiance.tv
Sat Jul 24 12:09:39 MDT 2010

Dear CAUT,

I have read most every one of the comments with regards to RPT status, what schools/ colleges/universities want/require/need for a person to fulfill their situation.

For some reason I feel that something is being overlooked despite all the reasonable informative comments that have been made thus far.

What I surmise is this: a school of higher education is looking for someone who fulfills their needs, regardless of status. Now whether that be an elitist, an RPT or an unknown, the institution wants to know, does a person deliver what the administration wants. Regardless of the categories, or budget constraints, or volume of work, is the person selected capable of delivering to the requirements dictated by the administration.

Now I know for myself, that I could never deliver to this most recent advertisement for an institutional job offer. I read the particulars, and I, by no means could, or would,  fulfill what they want. So, I discard any consideration.

There is no guarantee that any individual can deliver the piano needs to an institution until there is some sense of what that institution wants, what someone is willing to deliver. Status is not a consideration. Either an individual can do the work asked, or they can't. If they can, I see no issue with status, even though having the title of RPT is a nice notch in the gun-belt of being a Piano Tuner/Technician.

Probably doesn't make any sense what I've said, but felt I needed to offer this input.

Sincerely,

Keith McGavern, RPT