[CAUT] Workload; was Position announcement

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 24 08:34:41 MDT 2010

Sadly, it seems to me that most colleges want cheap, discount service. Look at the quality of truck maintenance in most state universities. I would not have my car serviced in the truck service department of the last school where I worked.
Getting these schools to upgrade to RPT would be a real accomplishment.

A few of the best schools want something more. Usually they know how to recognize it.

Klavierbauer is possible in a country the size of New England with a small handful of top notch manufacturers, a national school system that teaches cooperatively with industry, and a centuries-old tradition of exclusive trade and craft guilds. A place where all is well for those who fit in the system.

es