[CAUT] pushing pianos

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Wed Jul 21 17:25:51 MDT 2010

On Jul 21, 2010, at 1:44 PM, Kent Swafford wrote:

> Arggh. Lead with the keyboard end first so that obstacles will tend
> to move the lyre back into the lyre support rods.

Although, if there is enough speed/momentum, it might be better the
other way. Let the lyre break up top (not too hard a repair). If the
props are supporting it, then you have the lyre trying to stop the
whole momentum of the piano cold. I'm not sure what would break and
where, but maybe I don't want to find out. I could imagine the lyre
pulling its locks out of the keybed, making a splintery mess up there,
and props busting out their slots at the rear end, as one scenario.
(Better to remove the lyre as you suggested strongly in your earlier
post).
Regards,
Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu