[CAUT] how to move this piano?

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Sat Jul 17 19:38:14 MDT 2010

> Dear CAUT,
> > Having viewed this pic, I wondered how indeed one moves it
> > Has anyone experienced moving a piano such as this?
> > Keith McGaven, RPT

I wonder also how a piano I saw several years ago might be moved.  It was a Steinway L, built into a custom case that made it look like Christofori's piano. There was no curved side, having been built out straight, and the tail was squared off with 90 degree corners,  and the top was a two-piece affair that looked like a harpsichord.  I had the double legs with stretchers connecting all three sets.  The legs had some kind of locking plates that I never figured out how to undo. Anybody seen one like this.  It was made in the mid 30's, and was in a really nice walnut veneer.
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT