[CAUT] Shimming the Steinway Action stack to reach the strings

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Feb 28 15:46:22 MST 2010

Andrew Anderson wrote:
> Speaking of back-check height problems, do I recall correctly that
> Tokiwa backchecks are taller and more accommodating in these situations?

Dunno for sure. They're a reasonably small size, and would
surely get you there. The WN&G back checks are about as
versatile as they come, if you haven't tried them. But then
you might get lucky. If the back checks were installed with
the usual setup, they might already be high enough once a
reasonable stack height is established. Lucky is good, and it
does occasionally happen.
Ron N