[CAUT] Shimming the Steinway Action stack to reach the strings

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 26 15:35:49 MST 2010

And you're going to have to reset the sostenuto on that raised stack. I had to bend the brackets down pretty far on a stack that had been raised a lot and then the spring kept coming out of the monkey. I tiled the spring by shimming up the screwed-in end of the spring. I haven't been back since then--I assume it's working.

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois