[CAUT] Clean-up Prepared Piano

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri Feb 26 15:06:15 MST 2010

If it flakes off easy, why not use a soft brush, like a leather brush we
use to help out backcheck and knuckle leathers?

Paul

From:
Fred Sturm <fssturm at unm.edu>
To:
caut at ptg.org
Date:
02/26/2010 04:02 PM
Re: [CAUT] Clean-up Prepared Piano

On Feb 26, 2010, at 2:44 PM, Dennis Johnson wrote:

> Actually what concerned me most was not knowing what acetone would
> do to the copper

Easy to find out. Take a piece of copper winding and soak it in
acetone for a good while. I doubt you'll find any effect, but it never
hurts to be sure. Acetone is used to wash oil and other coatings from
metals pretty routinely, I believe.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico