[CAUT] Clean-up Prepared Piano

Dennis Johnson johnsond at stolaf.edu
Fri Feb 26 14:44:52 MST 2010

Thanks...   I have some time to think about it before acting.  I should have
mentioned I rate this piano as our #3 Steinway D.  10 years ago it was
probably #1.  Anyway, clearly plastic won't provide much protection from
acetone.  That was dumb rambling on my part.  Perhaps something like a small
metal tin directly under each spot while brushing to catch run off- with as
much towel as can be?  I think I can do that.  It's at least worth a try.
Actually what concerned me most was not knowing what acetone would do to the
copper.

Dennis.