[CAUT] Shimming the Steinway Action stack to reach the strings

James N. Hess hesspiano at juno.com
Fri Feb 26 13:10:34 MST 2010

Often you are very limited on the amount you can raise the stack because
of interference with the pinblock. My experience has been that you may be
able to add 1/16". I think reboring the hammers is a better solution.

Jim Hess, RPT

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 14:58:36 -0500 "Chris Solliday" <csolliday at rcn.com>