[CAUT] Clean-up Prepared Piano

Dennis Johnson johnsond at stolaf.edu
Fri Feb 26 12:26:30 MST 2010

There hasn't been enough time to quantify aural changes in the tone of these
notes, but anything that solidifies into the windings will make a
difference.  Besides, as far as I'm concerned the visual damage is upsetting
enough... and totally unacceptable.  I talked to Arledge this morning and we
came up with stuffing a towel and some plastic or whatever under the strings
to protect the board, then trying to brush it out with acetone.  Anybody
ever tried this before?  I really don't want to replace them.  There isn't
enough time as it is.

thanks,

Dennis Johnson