[CAUT] Las Vegas Temperament concerts?

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Fri Feb 19 08:25:55 MST 2010

	Institute Director Jeff Hickey would like to have some temperament
concerts take place at the convention. He says there is a large space
that could be used for the purpose, and a fair number of people who
are active and knowledgeable in the field will be there. But the
institute team doesn't have the extra time to put something together.
	He asked me a couple months ago about this, and I have been mulling
it over. There would be some logistics involved: lining up
instruments, setting up times, finding volunteers to tune, and finding
performers. I like the idea, as an educational opportunity.
	So I wonder if there are some people interested in being involved in
such an enterprise, meaning doing some actual work (not just, "Yeah,
that'd be great, more power to you!" <G>)? I am willing to do some
tuning and performing, and a portion of the organizational work, but
my time availability will be somewhat limited.
	So if anyone is interested making this happen, please speak up.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico
fssturm at unm.edu