[CAUT] harpsichord questions

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Wed Feb 17 10:56:19 MST 2010

One last thought: If you are replacing a broken string, you can use
the broken string as an experimental devise. Measure, say, ten inches
and make a kink to mark the spot. Coil that distance around a tuning
pin and compare the look of that to what is already in the instrument.
Adjust your length accordingly when you install the actual string.
Fred