[CAUT] harpsichord questions

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Wed Feb 17 10:15:44 MST 2010

Dennis:

Would you be able to take a picture of this tool and publish it here?
Thanks.

Paul

In a message dated 2/17/2010 10:03:46 A.M. Central Standard Time,
johnsond at stolaf.edu writes:

It's my  understanding that most shops use a gauge to standardize the wrap
length.  The one I have was copied from a model that Bill Garlick passed
around years ago at a convention, which in turn was copied directly from one
in William Dowd's shop decades before.  I'm trying not to loose that  one.
In my opinion the important thing is to find a measure that works  and
looks good, then copy it as best you can, noting that length of wire for  the
tuning pin increases as diameter decreases.

Dennis  Johnson

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 8:21 AM, Porritt, David <_dporritt at mail.smu.edu_