[CAUT] Steinway questions

rwest1 at unl.edu rwest1 at unl.edu
Thu Feb 11 20:55:21 MST 2010

I've been soliciting questions like the one in Ian Gillis' email (see
below) for a class that Kent Webb is teaching here in Lincoln as part
of our Central West Regional.   There will be a "Mythbuster" segment
in the class.  If any of you have myths, questions  about history,
uncertainties about manufacturing practices, etc., I'd love to get
them.   When technicians talk about Steinway, there always seem to be
questions about how and why the factory operates currently and has
operated through its many years of production.  You can send your
questions to me privately if you wish.  After the seminar I'll post
the answers.  Or you could attend the seminar  (March 18-21) and find
out the answers yourselves.  We have scheduled a CAUT forum, too.
We'd love to have every CAUT attend (web site:  http://www.ptg.org/
cwrs2010).  I hope you don't mind the blatant plug for the seminar.

Richard West