[CAUT] Thank you for Stability advice

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Tue Feb 9 12:48:33 MST 2010

Fred wrote:
>In any case, I don't think the word placebo is appropriate. I would
>describe it instead as giving a drug which masks symptoms, but has a
>long term effect of exacerbating the condition.

Ah, a palliative.

Reading someone's idea of why strings might need to be settled which
mentioned change of humidity with the season (sorry, I forget whose)
made me wonder if more seating is needed in climates with extreme
seasonal shifts (DC this year!) than here in the Pacific Northwest.

I only do minimal seating on individual notes if I can't get clarity
through normal tuning. I sometimes feel I can hear the difference,
but it's not striking enough to be sure I'm not kidding myself.
Risking the bridge top for what may be an imaginary benefit wouldn't
make my day.

Susan Kline