[CAUT] Thank you for Stability advice

Keith Roberts keithspiano at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 12:05:14 MST 2010

Gentlemen, excuse me for butting in,

I think Ron also writes of bridge pins that push themselves out of the
bridge due to the way they were installed. When a wear spot on the pin has
developed, the pin could reduce the pressure of the wire on the bridge as
the pin gets squeezed out. As the humidity cycles, the job of setting it
back in place has to be done again. The pin would also become loose and
setting it the first few times would make the biggest difference. The higher
percentage of false beats in the treble seems to be indicating the smaller
gauge wire cuts a deeper mark in the pin.

I think something like epoxy or CA glue to stabilize the pins might help.
Proper replacement of bridge pins might be necessary in some cases no matter
what.

Keith Roberts