[CAUT] WNG F/R pin shims

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Sun Feb 7 08:59:14 MST 2010

I ordered a set of f/r pins for a high use grand. They sent these rather
large plastic tubes to retrofit the new pins. It seems to me that having
to ream the frame hole .040" and then ream the tube hole .020" would
leave some room for slight misalignment.

I'm surprised that shim is the best they can do as a supplier. It seems
to me that something a simple .012" plastic sheeting would be an
adequate shim material, or even paper (since the glue would solidify it).

I searched the archives but nothing came up but this topic was discussed
a while ago.
--

Regards,

Jon Page