[CAUT] Advice for achieving stability sooner?

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sun Feb 7 08:58:33 MST 2010

Don't tap pins on bridges.  It won't help with tuning stability.  More
likely it will just damage the bridge cap.  Instability with respect to
strings has more to do with the coil, loops and whether the bends around the
bridge pins and other termination areas have become acute rather than
curved.  String lifting and leveling at the terminations, massaging the bend
at the bridge pins, or gently squeezing the bass string loops (if they're
wide) will help speed stability.  Tapping bridge pins is useless and
damaging, though a lot of people continue to do it.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com