[CAUT] Mitutoyo gauge

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Dec 21 16:05:55 MST 2010

Punching squeezers,
I bought a low tech durometer at an estate sale cheap, a few years ago.
Keen little toy, intended for rubber originally, but it works fine for
felt too. It's a standard Shore A scale. Here's a photo of the
durometer, and a sampling of punchings, for your edification.

The punching on the left is from what's probably a 40+ year old bag of
old tuner leftovers. It's thinner than the others, but reads the same
when two are stacked. It reads the same as the Crescendo punchings. The
dark green Pianotek punching is older, and a bit firmer than the new
Pianotech punching of the lighter color. Same stock number. The Yamaha
punching should be pretty close to current stock. The Schaff punching on
the right is what they sold forever, though I don't know if it's what
they sell now.

There you go, for whatever...

Yea, I know, I spelled Crescendo wrong. <G>
Ron N