[CAUT] [pianotech] Key balancing

johnparham at piano88.com johnparham at piano88.com
Thu Dec 16 22:16:26 MST 2010

Ron,

I seem to run across a lot of spinets whose high treble keys BARELY
return because of how short they are.  I haven't tried the key gutting
technique.  The other day I was prepared to to screw a wood screw into
the back of the key to encourage the geometry, but the situation did not
require it.

Has anyone else tried weighting the rear of spinet keys as a way to
encourage them to come back up?

-John Parham