[CAUT] Ear wax

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Fri Dec 3 19:12:09 MST 2010

I don't think we should be that skeptical. The guy tried it, and says it
helped a lot and his ears are open, and several days later they still
are open.

This doesn't mean that it works all the time, or for anyone. But from
his experience, it worked THIS TIME for HIM. I don't really think we can
assume that by some weird coincidence, his ears magically got unclogged
at the exact moment he used the ear candles totally through random chance.

While history is full of tales of rank superstition which later got
debunked, it also contains stories of valid treatments which caused
conventional doctors to shout QUACK! QUACK! till they were later proven
effective. For instance, acupuncture was considered mystical Chinese
claptrap till people made films of surgeries done using acupuncture as
the only anesthetic.

Susan Kline