[CAUT] Down Weight Too High With New Hammers

Brent Fischer brent.fischer at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 25 21:30:29 MDT 2010

Fred,     You know I asked when I ordered these for 1098's if they didn't need to send the "outof square" style since I was told this yearsago and this is the first 1098 I've change outin years and the originals are out of square,however, believing it might be a clearanceissue was invalidated when the new bearingsfit fine. I just took a new bearing, took thefelt off, put a .147 drill through it and it'stilited just like the bal. pins used to be, butI don't want to get cross-threaded with mygood friends at Steinway so I'm done.