[CAUT] Down Weight Too High With New Hammers

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Wed Aug 25 20:26:09 MDT 2010

Paul,

To add to the confusion, when I was in NY, Kent Webb said that the black
line was in fact a relic of the mfg. process and did NOT, in fact indicate
directional placement of the bearings.  He further stated that there was no
front/back to the bearings, and you will commonly find some (many) of the
bearings do not have a black line remaining on them.  So...............you
can file that idea back whence it came.  Don't know why it says to place the
line forward in the manual, and neither did Kent.

William R. Monroe