[CAUT] Renner replacement back action problem

G Cousins cousins_gerry at msn.com
Wed Aug 25 13:38:05 MDT 2010

Thoughts...
Try raising the damper and dropping it.  (onto the key)
Perhaps a loose lead?
Also may want to contact the gang at Renner... Technician on demand http://www.rennerusa.com/TechOnDemand.asp
Good luck,
Gerry C
WCUPA

Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 12:37:46 -0500
From: bill at a440piano.net
To: caut at ptg.org
Subject: Re: [CAUT] Renner replacement back action problem

Shelley,

I would suggest that the spring is probably not there.  Since the noise is only heard when the key activates the damper lever, I would first look at the action at notes 43 and 44.  Maybe the spring is there and lodged between a couple keys.  Then, possibly something at the key end felt/underlever interface.  If with the action removed you can lift the offending dampers and cannot detect any difference between Eflat 4 and E4, the problem is likely not in the damper/underlever assembly.

Good luck,
William R. Monroe