[CAUT] Installing new let off buttons

Norman Cantrell normancantrell at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 24 12:29:00 MDT 2010

Sorry Fred.

Usually I employ the use of a drill press vice which can be clamped to the drill
press table.  By locating the button even with the front edge of the jaws I can
duplicate the placement of successive buttons as the press quill is always in
the same location.  To make things easier I will cut a small scrap of wood to
elevate the button to a point even with the top of the vice jaws.  This scrap
will need to be slightly narrower than the width of the button so it provides
support from underneath but allows the the jaws to be free to apply the holding
pressure.

Regards

Norman Cantrell, Registered Piano Technician