[CAUT] Installing New Let-Off Buttons

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 23 20:09:21 MDT 2010

This is the D with weight problems?
Something curious here, a geometry problem?
You might try shimming the wippen flanges above the screw, about .75mm. to
pull the wippens back a little, then realign jack to knuckle, and slightly
shorten the blow distance.  (I'm guessing at this, so measure up and down
weights carefully, and try it on one or two notes and see if it helps.)

Ed S.

By the way, Shawn, if you're wondering, I had to change to the shorter
buttons in order to get let-off up where it should be without backing the
buttons all the way up and through the rail.  The result of mixed-period
parts, of course.  Believe me, I wouldn't have messed with them right now if
I didn't have to!
--
Paul Milesi, RPT
Staff Piano Technician