[CAUT] Restringing only capo sections

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Mon Aug 23 14:34:16 MDT 2010

Paul,

If you can't get past it, do yourself a favor and at least string it at
least a section at a time.  It'll speed things up substantially, and won't
hurt a thing.  I routinely string pianos, pulling them to pitch as I go, so
there is a time in every rebuild for me when there is one, then two, then
three, etc. sections at pitch and nothing on the other sections.  It can
handle it.  And dittos to the others comments of not taking tension down
elsewhere - added wear on the agraffes, pin block, etc.

William R. Monroe