[CAUT] Fred's rebuttal and apology

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Thu Aug 12 14:17:27 MDT 2010

Jeff,

> I don't recall any posts from you on this list that were
> either positive, encouraging or uplifting.

To be fair, we rarely see posts from anyone that can be described with those
three adjectives

Do I think that I should be paid more and have better working conditions?  Yes, but now that that is out of the way, at the cost of repeating myself on this list, I will restate that there is much I find rewarding about my full-time institutional position.  I, for one, am generally treated with full respect.  In fact, I was recently treated with disrespect, and right in front of a bunch of students.  Thought I might have to have a pissing match with the dis-respector right then and there (so as not to lose my street cred!).  I decided to let it pass and ponder why this exchange was so disturbing.  Well, I finally realized that it was because IN TWENTY-SIX YEARS OF WORKING HERE NO FACULTY OR STAFF HAD EVER TREATED ME SO POORLY.  In other words, the lack of respect exhibited by this particular a-hole hit me so hard because it was in stark contrast to the respect that has been mine day in and day out for over a quarter of a century!

In the words of one of my musical heros, Bob Marley,

"Positive!"

Alan Eder