[CAUT] It's sooo nasty humid!

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed Aug 11 15:11:48 MDT 2010

Thanks, Zeno.

How have you found voicing to change in nasty climate changes...That's my
biggest worries....so far.  You know, the cheek block screws were so snug,
that the action would not return to rest on una-chorda pedal shifting?
Nasty!  I've never had this problem before, but since we had the Special
Olympics here 4 weeks ago with doors open all day every day, I'm seeing
problems I've never seen before with these 2 concert grands: a Baldwin D
and a Steinway D.  All a mess and two weeks to fix them (besides all the
other pianos to get ready for school). Squeeks, groans, sluggish etc all
play a factor. Also, across the "breeze-way to the music building the 2
grands in those big orch and choir rooms are also nasty as well.

Friday is supposed to relax on the heat and humidity and next week as
well, so I guess it's a wait and see thing.  I need to start now, though!

Paul