[CAUT] Sostenuto Trap Lever Repair

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 11 06:56:30 MDT 2010

Paul-

Something is wrong here.
Isn't there supposed to be a shim above the lever at the pedal rod, to prevent pushing too far?
Was the sostenuto out of regulation, requiring excessively hard pedaling to get it to work? What would this have done to the monkey, linkage and rod? Was something wrong about the pitman? (Too short?) Is the pitman there at all, or has it gone missing, and someone broke the lever trying to make the system work? Look inside.
Find another S & S D, and take a careful look to see how the trap levers are set up.

Ed S.