[CAUT] KEYS

Martin Snow martinsnowpianos at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 9 07:06:16 MDT 2010

I've always used my trusty Sears 6'' Bench Grinder, 1/2 wheel, with a wire brush
on the left and a buffing wheel on the right. With practiced technique hoding
the key just so, the wire brush quickly and efficiently removes all grunge from
the sides of the key. Those with small amounts of grunge just require a flirting
quick light pass  with the wheel, the keys in the middle octaves need just a
little more pressure.  If you are then buffing the naturals after a preliminary
clean , may as well  give them a quick pass on the buffing wheel, with
occasional compound applications.