[CAUT] Keys

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Fri Aug 6 12:30:18 MDT 2010

On Aug 6, 2010, at 12:24 PM, Porritt, David wrote:

> Does anyone have a favorite way to clean this kind of dirt off of
> keys?  I’ve cleaned many like this, but never where I was completely
> happy with the result.

I've recently started using Cory Keybrite, and have been quite happy.
With that much buildup, I would probably scrape with a cabinet scraper
first, removing just dirt and grease, no wood or keytop. Then a clean
rag wet with KeyBrite. (When it starts to get black, move to a clean
part of the rag).
	Every other way I have used removed some wood and/or keytop, with
predictable results. This way, at least all the wood that hasn't been
worn away remains, and it is nice and clean.

Regards,
Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu
“Art is not a mirror held up to reality, but a hammer with which to
shape it.” Brecht