[CAUT] When to restring...

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Aug 6 11:50:56 MDT 2010

Jim Busby wrote:

> Ron, are you implying that the manufacturers usually have things right? <G>

Nice try, Jim. <G> No, I'm observing that the manufacturer
isn't going to spend time on a procedure that produces no
obvious benefit - like avoiding after market complaints.

> Now try it with a polished one. I'd like to see what happens. I'm betting the groove will be less.

I'll take your word for it, but there's still the general lack
of agraffe noise that we experience. The incidence of mutant
tuning pins seems to be more prevalent on a per-job basis than
are noisy agraffes. Maybe I'm just lucky, or deaf.
Ron N