[CAUT] When to restring...

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Thu Aug 5 08:21:02 MDT 2010

I tried the McLube trick on the underfelt and capos on 3 grands yesterday,
2 Baldwin M's and a Steinway M in practice rooms, and it really made a big
difference.  I don't know why I never tried that before.  Sure helped the
string rendering.

I'm still on the fence about restringing this M in the shop, but our
chapter meeting is this Sunday afternoon, so I'll get their input.  Also,
if I do, I'm still on the fence on doing the agraffe rehab, or just
replacing.

Again, thanks for all your inputs so far...I'm sure I'll have more
questions.  Nobody can know it all, eh?

Paul