[CAUT] When to restring...

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Aug 3 13:55:34 MDT 2010

That's good, Ed.

What if a piano is just a false beat mess!?  I don't know if I can
actually fix this thing without a restring and new bridge pin repair
throughout.

see how you all are :>)  I'm talking myself right into it!

I'm all in favor of trying the upper capo restringing thing on some other
pianos after this one! :>)

This piano is what y'all would describe as the "nasty".  1966 M with
nothing done to it since it arrived save perhaps some new hammers in the
past.  BTY; What hammers had the dark purple underfelt? They're really
waaaay round with no good shape at all. That, I'm sure is part of the
problem, but WNG just called me and offered a free set of shanks and
flanges!!! SO..I'm tempted, of course. So since replacing them, a new set
of hammers, too! Shall I????

Paul