[CAUT] Glue Strength for Pedal Lyre Repair

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Thu Apr 29 06:54:51 MDT 2010

Paul,

A tightbond joint, assembled and clamped properly, should have all the
strength you need to be solid.  However, I've often been accused of having a
penchant for overkill and I probably would drill and dowel freehand from the
back.  A drill press isn't really necessary here.  It allows a little more
control, but once you get the hole started, it's going to be straight and
will accept the dowel just the same.

William R. Monroe