[CAUT] ET vs UET

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Mon Apr 26 16:59:46 MDT 2010

 Jeff writes:

But varying degrees of out-of-tuneness being referred to as color requires someone having to stretch the limits of nomenclature, as you have just done, and teach others that what you are hearing is not out of tune intervals, but "color".

       I cannot take credit for applying that word to the character of a keys tempering, as this nomenclature was used long before.
The same for "expressive".  In earlier times, remote keys were regarded as "expressive", while today, you may find other definitions.  Casals, I think, often referred to the use of rubato for "expression".
      Words often do double duty.

 Regards,

Ed Foote RPT