[CAUT] harpsichords

David Doremus algiers_piano at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 15 16:43:49 MDT 2010

Neupert has been useful for me but shipping, payment and communication
in general can be tough. Personally, I wouldn't try to save either of
these instruments unless the neupert was one of the more historically
accurate ones with rectangular jacks and delrin plectra. I have worked
on too many of the ones with the old round metal jacks, always managed
to make the owner happy but never really to my own satisfaction. A
better option would be to find a used, reasonably well built Zuckerman
or Hubbard kit. These are much better instruments from the design up and
are not as expensive as getting a used one from a custom builder. Just
my couple cents!

---Dave
   New Orleans