[CAUT] harpsichords

rwest1 at unl.edu rwest1 at unl.edu
Thu Apr 15 14:27:59 MDT 2010

Can anyone give me information about the status of Sabathil and
Neupert harpsichords?  Are the companies still building
harpsichords?  Do they do rebuilding?  Are the instruments worth
rebuilding?  A small university nearby has one of each brand.  The
Sabthil is totally non-functioning and the Neupert registers are
trapped in the gap.  I'm not sure I want to tackle either.  Who works
on these hybrid harpsichords?

Richard West