[CAUT] using as ETD, was Re: Too tall!!??

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Sun Apr 11 06:17:06 MDT 2010

>  And if the settling blows are the same, where is the saving of db?

When tuning an octave aurally, you must strike two keys multiple
times while deciding on placement. With an ETD, you are only
striking one key. So it cuts the db level impacting your ear.

There are still double-key checks but the incessant assault of
two keys constantly being struck is gone.

The first time I used the VT for practice rooms I was very
pleasantly surprised at how I felt after tuning 4 pianos, I felt
like I had only tuned one aurally.
--

Regards,

Jon Page