[CAUT] using as ETD, was Re: Too tall!!??

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Sat Apr 10 00:54:06 MDT 2010

Or anyone who does a pitch raise.  I've watched aural tuners take a
new piano at A430, just do a normal temperament and tuning at A440
without overshooting, and wind up with a piano with the middle five
octaves in tune with A about 435, and the bottom and top octaves sharp.

I do a one-pass pitch raise with TuneLab, no mutes, bottom to top, in
less than 20 minutes, that leaves every string within about three
cents.  Then my aural tuning is stable.

--Cy--

Cy Shuster, RPT
Albuquerque, NM