[CAUT] Too tall!!??

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Thu Apr 8 13:37:00 MDT 2010

You're right, it's Arnoldo. Good guess :>)

From:
"McCoy, Alan" <amccoy at ewu.edu>
To:
CAUTlist <caut at ptg.org>
Date:
04/08/2010 02:04 PM
Re: [CAUT] Too tall!!??

So this must be Arnaldo Cohen. We had the same issue here in Spokane with
the Symphony. He is very sensitive to keyboard height. We have a piece of
3/4” plywood just for that purpose. It will work fine for him. We also
have three benches – one Jansen with normal length legs, one with legs 2”
longer, and a chair with a back to accommodate all sizes and needs.

I really enjoy his playing and working with him to get the most out of the
piano. He’s a very likeable person, very appreciative of our work and a
great player. As far as I’m concerned, we are there to be of service. It’s
not my butt up there in front of the audience. I empathize a great deal
with those performers we serve. My job is to make the pianist comfortable
with the piano so they can express themselves and forget all about the
piano.

My 2c.

Alan

-- Alan McCoy, RPT